3.07.2008

A week feels like a month...

...and hence an incredible amount of shiznit has been going on in such a short period of time. And I haven't been able to talk to anyone about it! I miss you guys like hell. Alright so let's get started shall we?

I'll start with shedding some light on what's new with some pictures I've been taking for you guys:



This is the infamous b
us I finally found after my dreadful trip finding it. (I waited in the cold for 1.5 hours prior)









And then I look up and I see these huge buggers plastered on the building. Turns out they're the mascots for the Japanese version of "AT&T." Everything in Japan uses ultra-cutesy animated characters for logos, restaurants, on TV, and even companies! Sugoi (wow!)!








So after a long journey to the land of the rising sun... I gotta furnish an apartment, desho! (means "right!") My Japanese-style futon on top of a wooden frame (which is now giving me black and blues on my outer thighs)







This is my mini micro-fridge, where most of my cooking occurs.








The kitchen. Tiny. One hot plate. I know...
















My bathroom. Tub and sink. No shower curtain because the whole room acts like a shower. There's a drain outside the tub too and you close the sliding door as if it were a curtain.









My toilet isn't as cool as the one at work... which has a heated seat FEATURE! During the cold winter it heats the seat to keep those frozen buns warm!!!! (I will post a video featurette on Japanese Toilets)







When I first walked into the apartment there was this little sign on the floor. BIG DEAL! You must ALWAYS take your shoes off when entering someone's house. Even certain areas of restaurants and at work! Get used to easy slip on shoes!










This is the view from my apt balcony... how could I ever get bored of this. I remember the nyc skyline still taking my breath away back home. But now I upgraded to Mt Fuji!












No dryers here in Japan, everything is hung to dry, which isn't too bad. You'll be surprised how fast stuff dries.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MOW thats the smallest living quaters I've ever seen! The Army even gives me a nicer place to live than that! I'll be buying a house in two years or so, come live with meeeeeee mowww.

I hope everythings going alright and if you ever need anyone shanked, you make sure they know that CSM Tongur told them to COME SEE ME. Thats what CSM stands for XD. Ok it really stands for 'command sgt major' but yea i'll get there one day. mow.

kprivera said...

AHH such small living arrangements! How I miss Japan...! I'm glad everything is going all right so far, although that futon should just be moved to the floor, it would probably be easier. =*( But at least you're clean and you're warm!

If you get a chance... DEFINITELY go out to Tokyo and try some お好み焼き. It's a fried cabbage pancake with whatever you want put into it. It's pretty damn delicious too, you get to put some Kewpie and this special sauce on it. Or ask your friends! See if there's a way you can make it at home or something. =) In any case, I trust everything is well, and look forward to see some more blog action!